Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Romford
Addiction help is available in Romford for those who need it. There may even be people who decide to travel from places in the UK because they like a particular treatment option in Romford. There will also be people who decide to leave to travel elsewhere for addiction help. One of the great advantages of going to rehab in Romford is that it means we now have far more options in regards to addiction help. It also increases the likelihood that people will be able to get the help they need.
What is Addiction?
The word addiction tends to be a bit overused in the modern world. Some people will use this word to refer to anything they like a lot. A person might say that they are addicted to chocolate cake, but this will usually be a misuse of the word. For the person to be really addicted to chocolate cake they would need to be eating it to such an extent that is causing them harm. They would also need to find it difficult to end the behaviour. It may be possible for the person to become psychologically addicted to chocolate cake, but this will not be the case with most people who make this came.
When people are talking about an addiction to alcohol or drugs they do not usually mean that the person likes these substances too much. It is possible for the person to really love drinking the occasional beer, but this will not mean that they are an addict. In order for the person to be classified as addicted, they will need to have developed a physical and psychological dependence on a substance.
To say that the person has developed a psychological dependence means that they experience cravings and feel unable to cope without the substance. A physiological addiction means that the person has developed tolerance (they need to take more to get the same effect), and they suffer withdrawal symptoms when they try to stop or limit their intake.
Once the individual has reached the point of alcohol or drug addiction they will not be able to turn back the clock. Even if the person manages to stay sober for decades they will still not be able to return to safe alcohol or drug use. The only viable solution to this type of addiction will be permanent abstinence.
Signs of Addiction
It can be difficult for people to diagnose their own addiction. This is because one of the symptoms of this condition will be denial about the problem. Nobody likes to admit that any part of their life is out of control and in the case of the addicted individual this reluctance to acknowledge the reality of the situation will be even stronger.
Some of the signs of addiction will include:
- The individual has tried to reduce their intake or stop using alcohol or drugs, but they failed to maintain this long term
- The person fails unable to cope without these substances. They may claim that it helps them deal with the high amount of stress in their life – even though in many instances most of these stresses will be as a consequence of the substance abuse
- The individual does things that they later regret while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. People that know this person may claim that their personality changes when they are under the influence
- The person suffers withdrawal symptoms when they try to stop or reduce their intake of alcohol or drugs
- The person needs to take more of this substance in order to get the same effect that they once go with a lighter dosage
- The individual becomes defensive when their alcohol or drug use is questioned
- The individual feels the need to hide some of their excesses
- The person is resistant to going places where alcohol or drugs are not available
- They have lost interest in activities and things that they used to enjoy
- They are failing to meet their work, family, or social responsibilities due to their addiction
- They have developed financial problems due to the substance abuse
- They have developed legal problems as a result of the abuse
- The person suffers from blackouts – this means that there is a period of time that they are unable to remember
It is important to keep in mind that the symptoms of addiction can vary greatly, and it is not necessary for the person to have all (or even most) of these symptoms in order to be classified as addicted.
The Need for Rehab in Romford
Rehab can be one of the best options for people who are dealing with addiction problems because:
- One of the great things about rehab is that it provides some of the most effective treatment modalities in one place
- By staying in this facility the individual will be protected and supported through the initial period of recovery. This is important because by making it through this stage the person is far more likely to achieve long term recovery
- The individual will have access to all the help and resources they need in order to establish a strong recovery
- They will have access to professionals who will be able to guide them and offer them support
- During their time in this facility, the individual will be able to focus fully on their recovery. They will not need to worry about their usual concerns and responsibilities
Let Us Guide You into the Most Appropriate Rehab Facility
If you are serious about ending your addiction problems, you are going to want to stay in the best possible treatment facility. The difficulty is that you are unlikely to know fully about all your options, so how can you be sure that you are making the best choice? There is also the risk that the time you spend researching the different rehabs could give your addiction the opportunity to weaken your resolve. This is why you need to take action fast and get the best possible advice.
This is where we come in. We are experts in this field and we will be able to work with you to help you find your best addiction treatment option. This is why you should contact us right now to discuss the best path for you to take into sobriety.