Skunk Addiction Help & Treatment
Skunk is a slang term for heroin, a processed form of morphine which produces a calming effect, reducing pain and giving users a rush within a few seconds of using it. Small doses give a general sense of well being and larger ones cause extreme relaxation. Most of the time skunk is injected but it can also be snorted, inhaled or smoked or swallowed.
Some other common slang names for skunk include smack, scag, big H, gear, brown crystal and black tar. It is much more addictive than morphine and causes a rapid physical as well as psychological dependence. Tolerance also tends to build quickly, so users have to take larger amounts for the same effects, making overdosing an ever-increasing risk. Withdrawal and post effect “crashes” are very uncomfortable which also drives increased usage frequency and dosage.
Injected skunk is often done in poor conditions or using shared needles (which brings its own risks in terms of HIV, hepatitis and blood poisoning) and damages veins quite severely, even causing gangrene. Skunk inhibits normal cough reflexes which can mean that users die by inhaling their own vomit. Overdose causes a coma and normally leads to death.
Symptoms of Skunk Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting a possible addiction to skunk? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Are there “track marks” from injection sites on their arms or other parts of their body?
- Do they exhibit constricted pupils, a runny nose or consistently shallow breathing?
- Are they showing signs of speech problems, slower reactions and loss of memory?
- Have they become apathetic and uncaring about hobbies, jobs and relationships, and started neglecting hygiene or other essentials?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an addiction to skunk? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of an addiction to heroin and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Skunk Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of an addiction to skunk is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our skunk addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.