Codeine Addiction Help & Treatment
Codeine is an ingredient found in many common painkillers and cough syrups. Codeine is actually similar to morphine in that both are opiates (i.e. derived from opium). Medicines which include codeine are easily available without prescription, for example in Co-codamol. Common slang names for codeine include Captain Cody and Cody.
Users become addicted to codeine because it produces pleasant side effects like sleepiness and mild euphoria. Tolerance to codeine tends to build quickly which means addicts have to start taking quite large quantities in order to feel the same sort of effects.
Taking codeine normally according to medical instructions is perfectly safe, however taking large or frequent doses causes increased risk of severe side effects such as nausea, constipation, breathing problems and seizures. When combined with alcohol or other drugs a codeine addiction can rapidly lead to death.
Symptoms of Codeine Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting a possible addiction to codeine? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Do they become aggressive or defensive when confronted about their cough syrup or painkiller use, justifying excessive use with “but the doctor gave it to me” or “it is medicine?”
- Are they experiencing nausea, constipation, breathing problems or seizures?
- Are they secretive or seem embarrassed about their use of cough syrup or painkillers, perhaps by refusing to take medicine in front of others or insisting on privacy to swallow tablets?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an addiction to codeine? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of an addiction to codeine and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Codeine Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of an addiction to codeine is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our codeine addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.