Methadone Addiction Help & Treatment
Methadone is most commonly known as a medical treatment for heroin addiction. It is normally found as a swallowable liquid but also comes in injectable and tablet form. The effects are less potent than heroin but still offer an absence of pain, some euphoria and a sense of contentment.
Common slang names for methadone include meth, mixture and linctus. When used to treat heroin or smack addiction it is useful for allowing users to stabilise while they work on emotional and lifestyle changes. However, it is often abused as it does still have addictive properties, and it is not uncommon for former heroin addicts to progress to methadone addiction.
Methadone causes a range of side effects including dry mouth, drowsiness, skin rashes, constipation and an inability to urinate. Long term use can cause breathing problems, comas and death.
Symptoms of Methadone Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting a possible addiction to methadone? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Are they experiencing side effects from it as a treatment but refuse to bring this up with their doctor for fear of being “cut off?”
- Do they become aggressive or defensive when confronted about their use of it as a treatment, justifying excessive use with “but the doctor gave it to me” or “it is medicine?”
- Are they experiencing weight loss, anxiety, insomnia, nervousness and mood swings?
- Do they often seem to have difficulty concentrating on things?
- Have they shown any signs of hallucinations or paranoia?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an addiction to methadone? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of an addiction to methadone and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Methadone Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of an addiction to methadone is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our methadone addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.