Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Barnet
If you are an expat living in Barnet and dealing with an addiction problem, you may feel alone and a bit overwhelmed by your situation. Many of us will choose to take jobs in and around London because we see it as a way to escape our problems, but we usually end up taking these with us. Even if you didn’t have an alcohol or drug problem before you moved to Barnet, the London lifestyle can lead to addiction. Once you are trapped in the downward spiral of substance abuse your life will continue to deteriorate until you are able to stop.
The problem is that in a place like Barnet you will have few addiction recovery options. This is why you may need our help. When you call us on 0800 088 66 86 we will be able to go over the addiction treatment options available to you.
How People in Barnet Can Get Help with Their Addiction Problems
In order to make a clean break from alcohol or drug abuse, it may be necessary for you to leave the Barnet area in order to get the help you need. This might sound like a drastic step, but this is how most people feel when it is suggested that they need this type of help. Addiction is a serious business, and if you are unable to stop the behaviour you will lose everything, and it will eventually kill you.
Overcoming this problem has to become your priority in life. If you underestimate this adversary, you will likely suffer as a result. To end your addiction problems successfully, you need to be willing to do whatever it takes and this may well involve leaving Barnet to enter a rehab somewhere else.
Good Reasons to Choose Rehab
It is doubtful that anyone would ever agree to go to rehab unless there was a really good reason to do so. The reality is that choosing this type of treatment option can make all the difference for people who are serious about breaking away from addiction for good.
Some of the reasons why it is a good option would include the following:
- When people try to break away from addiction, they will usually struggle to make it beyond the detox stage. This is because withdrawals can be uncomfortable, and the person knows that they can stop this at any time by giving up – it can be a real struggle not to give in to this temptation. Most people who try to break away from addiction alone will fail at this point, but by going to rehab the individual will be supported and their chances of making it through detox are greatly increased
- If giving up alcohol or drugs were simply a matter of quitting these substances then there would be no need for rehab. The reality is though, that in order to break away fully from addiction the person needs to do a lot more than this. They need to be able to develop a new way of dealing with life and this type of work can be best done in rehab. It is often said that people go to rehab to stop drinking or using drugs, but this is only the tip of the iceberg. The real benefit of this type of programme is it teaches the person how to live without substance abuse
- When people give up the substance abuse they will, in many ways, be back where they were before they began abusing these substances. This means that the triggers that drove them into addiction are likely to be still there. One of the most important elements of rehab is that the individual is able to get to the roots of their problem so that in future they will not feel the need to hide from life using mind-altering substances or other self-destructive behaviours
- By entering rehab, the individual benefits from a nurturing and supportive environment. This usually has the effect of amplifying their motivation and determination to change. It is much easier to deal with a problem like an addiction when you are not alone, and in rehab, the person is never really alone. The person is sure to have ups and downs during their stay in this programme, but they will be supported through all of it
- One of the most common reasons why people relapse after a period of sobriety is that they are unable to cope with the stress of day-to-day living. During their stay in rehab, the person will be able to develop new strategies for dealing with stress, so that they do not feel the urge to fall back into addiction as a way to escape life. Not only will the person in rehab have the opportunity to learn new coping strategies, but they will also get to test these out in a controlled environment
Above are just some of the general ways that entering rehab can be of benefit to the individual. If you are still not sure if this is the right option for you, contact us here and we will go over how it would benefit you personally. Going to rehab really can make a difference to your chances of achieving lifelong sobriety, so it is something that you will want to consider seriously.
We Will Arrange Addiction Treatment for People in Barnet
There is no need for you to have to deal with your addiction problems alone. We will be happy to help you in any way that we can. Many of our team members have had their own battles with addiction, so they can really understand where you are coming from. We will also completely respect your confidentiality and we will help you in a discrete manner.
If you feel ready to get help for your addiction it is vital that you do not waste any time – you could lose this motivation if you wait. Contact us right away on 0800 088 66 86 or use the contact form that you will find on the contact us part of the website. Remember that you will be no obligation to do anything just because you contacted us.