Ecstasy Addiction Help & Treatment
Ecstasy is an artificially created drug designed to give a high based on hallucinations and a potent stimulant effect, as well as causing distortions in a person’s grasp on reality and time. Pure ecstasy comes as a white, crystalline powder called MDMA (short for methylenedioxymethamphetamin).
Ecstasy is normally sold as a stamped tablet although there is also a growing amount of powder being sold for snorting or smoking. It is known as the quintessential “party drug” and ecstasy addiction is often not just to the drug itself but to the whole party lifestyle. Ecstasy is also known as E, X, Versace, Rolex, the hug drug and the love pill.
There are many risks associated with any use of ecstasy, as the drug affects the way the body controls temperature and fatigue to allow users to dance and party longer. This commonly causes overheating and dehydration, and long term physical effects include muscle breakdown, kidney failure, liver failure, memory loss and many other mental health effects.
It is particularly dangerous to drink a large amount of water after taking ecstasy as this affects the salt balance of the body which can lead to almost instant death.
Symptoms of Ecstasy Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting a possible addiction to ecstasy? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Are they regularly staying out all night long and frequenting nightclubs, dance bars and rave parties?
- Do they experience regular sleep problems, depression or anxiety after coming back from parties or nights out?
- Have you seen any signs of involuntary teeth-clenching, nausea, vision problems, chills or sweating?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an addiction to ecstasy? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of an addiction to ecstasy and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Ecstasy Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of an addiction to ecstasy is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our ecstasy addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.