Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Poole
There will be people living in Poole who are dealing with addiction problems. Trying to break away from this type of condition can be difficult. There will also be people who are struggling to deal with alcoholism and substance abuse problems but who are unable to find adequate treatment options in the local area. In both of these situations, the best option may be for the individual to attend an inpatient drug or alcohol rehab clinic in Poole.
We are experts in the field of addiction treatment centres and we will be able to advise people about their international options for drug and alcohol rehab and detox in this regard.
The Reasons Expats Fall into Addiction
It is often the case that individuals who never seemed to have problems with alcohol or drugs begin to suddenly abuse substances as a way of self-medicating mental health issues.
There are a number of reasons for why this can happen including:
- Modern life is undoubtedly stressful. We are increasingly working longer and longer hours, and this contributes to poor mental health
- Although the Government claims to have passed legislation to change how mental health issues are treated, it remains the case that you are far less likely to receive treatment for mental problems compared to physical illnesses. It’s also true that those affected by mental health problems may fear stigmatisation if they seek help
- Alcohol and illicit drugs are obtainable cheaply. Sometime, people suffering from mental health problems will prefer to self-medicate their symptoms because they deem this is easier compared to reaching out for professional help
Difficult Ending Addiction in Poole if Unsupported
The lack of viable addiction treatment options both in Poole and across the UK can mean that the individual may want to try to go it alone. A minority of people do seem able to end alcohol or drug abuse, at least in the short term, without support, but the majority of substance abusers do not seem able to manage this. The reality is that to have the best chance of breaking away from addiction the person is going to need something like rehab.
There are a number of reasons for why this is the case including:
- One of the first hurdles that a person faces when they try to break away from addiction is making it through withdrawals. These are rarely any worse than mild flu symptoms, but they are complicated by the fact that the person knows that they can end the discomfort at any time by relapsing – it can be very tempting for them to do so. The majority of people who try to give up addiction alone never make it beyond this stage
- A minority of people are at risk of developing a serious type of withdrawal symptoms known as delirium tremens (DT’s), and this can be potentially life-threatening. It is vital that any person who is at risk of developing DT’s has their withdrawals medically supervised. Such supervision can be provided by those rehabs that also provide detox beds
- Ending addiction is not simply about quitting alcohol or drug use. There will be reasons for why the person turned to this behaviour in the first place, and the likelihood is that these reasons will still be there when the person becomes sober. In many instances, the reason for why the individual fell into addiction was that they felt unable to cope with life, and this is likely to be the same after they become sober. It is therefore vital that the individual begins to develop new effective coping skills for dealing with life, and this work can be best done in rehab
A rehab facility provides the individual with the ideal environment for breaking away from addiction problems. The person will be surrounded by those who are on a similar path, and the whole environment will be designed to empower them and keep them motivated. The real reason for entering rehab is not simply to give up alcohol and drugs – it is to provide the person with the tools they are going to need in order to build a great life away from addiction problems.
How We Can Help You Break Away From Addiction
If you want to have the best shot at breaking away from your addiction problems, it may be necessary for you to go outside Poole for help. Attending a residential rehab clinic is now extremely common, so it is no longer such a big deal to travel to another part of the South West to obtain the help you require. There are some excellent addiction treatment centres within easy reach of Poole. One option worth considering would be Gloucestershire, which currently attracts people from all around the world because they offer such an effective and unique treatment option.
There are also other countries worth considering including London, Hertfordshire, Hampshire and Bristol. We are experts in this field and we will be able to offer you advice on what would be your best option. When you phone us, a member of our team will listen to your circumstances and together you will come up with a few options that will be most suitable for you. So do not waste any time – call us right now.