Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Basingstoke
Of course, there is no guarantee that the individual will achieve lasting sobriety just because they have agreed to enter such a facility. The achievement of this goal will be completely in their own hands.
When people in Basingstoke enter rehab they are entering the ideal environment but they will need to make the most out of their stay in order to guarantee their own success.
If the individual does not put sufficient effort into the program they will not be likely to succeed.
Statistics show that drug and alcohol use in Basingstoke has risen vastly, and more people are beginning to suffer from the illness of addiction.
These raised rates of addiction mean the local authorities are becoming overstretched resulting in extensive waiting lists.
For those in need of drug and alcohol rehab in Basingstoke, this can prolong their illness for some time. Rehab Recovery can help with this by offering rehab treatment to those in need. Simply call us for free today.
Addiction is an illness and a disease of the brain. It is the characterisation of brain structure that is altered, and it is this abnormality that leads to a person becoming addicted following exposure to certain substances.
You can read more about the disease of addiction here.
Start your recovery journey at a drug and alcohol rehab in Basingstoke by calling us today on 0800 088 66 86
Dual-Diagnosis Treatment in Basingstoke
Dual diagnosis is a term that is used to draw light to the fact that addiction is never an issue that is suffered singularly.
It is usually coupled with another illness, which is usually the route of the problem, to begin with.
Identifying the root cause is paramount as it will determine the correct course of treatment going forward which in turn will help with recovery.
To discover how a drug and alcohol rehab in Basingstoke will work to support your mental health, call our team today on 0800 088 66 86
Residential Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Basingstoke
Addiction is not considered a ‘choice’ or ‘moral failing’ on behalf of the addiction sufferer – so the focus of rehab is always on returning agency to the patient.
For those suffering from drug and alcohol addiction in Basingstoke, there is the offer of private rehab and residential rehab facilities without the need to wait for treatment with the local authority.
Rehab Recovery can help you with your treatment and planning, with a dedicated team ready to help you and go over your options.
Gain all the many benefits of residential rehab in Basingstoke by calling us today on 0800 088 66 86
Private vs Council-Funded Rehab in Basingstoke
The rehab clinics that we refer people to for treatment all do come with a cost, due to the fact they are private facilities. This sometimes may be of concern for some people due to financial worries which of course is understandable.
If cost is a factor that with not enable you to use a private centre, there are other options that you can explore, such as council founded options which carry no cost to you.
With public-funded treatments, they won’t place a financial strain upon you, but unfortunately, there is usually quite a substantial waiting list owing to the rising rates of those requiring treatment in Basingstoke. This is not the case with private centres, as treatment can begin right away.
There is no waiting list. The longer the illness of addiction goes untreated, the harder it becomes to treat.
Treatment at a private facility is personally tailored to each person’s needs. This is because each person’s addiction is unique to them, and so their treatment will also need to be.
Though cost is a factor of private rehab, it does often give you access to the best treatment available to you, in top of the range facilities of the highest standard.
Our team can give you all the information you need regarding the various treatment options available to you, as well as help you look at ways to lower the cost of any therapies you may need.
These can be discussed when you call us to plan your care needs.
For help choosing between private and council-funded rehab clinic in Basingstoke, give our expert team a call today on 0800 088 66 86
Who is Suitable for Rehab in Basingstoke?
Rehabilitation is available to all who need help for addiction and substance abuse, with varying types of rehab for everyone. There is one main difference in rehab which is outpatient vs inpatient care.
With outpatient care, a person receiving treatment would attend a facility daily and then return home at the end of each day.
Inpatient care differs from this with those receiving treatment remaining at their chosen facility throughout the duration of their therapy, including staying each night.
For some people, the idea of outpatient care is more appealable as they would prefer to go back to their homes after each day at the clinic.
However, outpatient care is not always a suitable option, as depending on the care needs of some, inpatient care really is their only option for treatment.
This would be inclusive of the following:
- Those currently with an alcohol intake that often exceeds 30 units a day
- Those that may be struggling with regular suicidal thoughts
- Those have tried to attempt sobriety with outpatient treatment but failed
- Those who tend to lash out at others in a violent manner after drinking
- Those who suffer from alcoholic seizures or delirium tremens
- Those with Wernicke’s encephalopathy
- Those with a potential difficulty completing a home detox owing to mental health issues, or an abusive partner
This is because they pose a high-risk factor and so inpatient care would be better suited, as the environment treatment takes place in would be secure, and safe for those attending.
Not sure whether an alcohol and drug rehab in Basingstoke is right for you? Talk it over with our expert team today on 0800 088 66 86
Criteria for Substance Use Disorder in DSM-5
To help with planning the correct treatment for a person that needs help for addiction, it is important that we find out the extent of the illness. Varying techniques are used by medical professionals to determine this, with one of these criteria being the DSM-5.
This method looks at the various characteristics that come with addiction which encompass four categories and uses a scoring system to find the level of addiction the person is currently at.
- Impaired Control – Increased amounts of their chosen substance, using the substance more often, unable to cut back despite attempting to.
- Social Problems – Neglecting responsibility, neglecting relationships, failure to complete necessary daily tasks, giving up hobbies and activities that they once enjoyed.
- Risky Use – Using substances in places of risk, or circumstances of risk whilst being aware of this may cause immediate issues or complications.
- Physical Dependence – Needing an ever-increasing amount of substance to gain the desired effect and suffering from withdrawals when the substance is not being taken for a short time.
With two or three of the above criteria being suffered, it is an indication of a mild substance abuse problem.
Should four or five be present this would indicate the presence of moderate substance abuse disorder, and when raising to six or seven of the above criteria, it would indicate a severe substance abuse problem which would be classed as addiction.
This criterion helps to find out the level of treatment a person may need, and not seen as a reflection of themselves, nor carried out for judgment. It is needed to ensure that the proper care is given.
Begin the admissions process at drug and alcohol rehab clinic in Basingstoke by giving our team a call today on 0800 088 66 86
The Alternatives to Attending Rehab in Basingstoke
Professionally supported drug and alcohol rehab is one of the best ways to recover from addiction, but it isn’t for everyone.
For some, attending rehab is not something they wish to do, and for others, there isn’t any other real option depending on their needs.
Alternative options for rehab would be:
- SMART Recovery
- Home detox
- Al-Anon meetings
- Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous
- Outpatient treatment from a local Drug and Alcohol Team in Basingstoke
Self-Management and Recovery Training, or SMART as it is known, is a 4-step approach like that of the 12-step programme, designed to help you in your recovery by giving you the use of techniques and tools to do so.
Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous are other alternatives to a rehab facility and are both self-supporting peers to peer groups that are available to anyone anywhere, including internationally, at no cost.
Whatever help you need to beat addiction -whether from a drug and alcohol rehab in Basingstoke, or from one of these excellent alternative services- let our team help you by calling us today on 0800 088 66 86
The Rehab Admissions Process in Basingstoke
Basingstoke and the surrounding area have rehab centres that are able to treat those in need of treatment for alcohol or drug addiction treatment.
These centres are able to treat alcohol addiction, as well as addiction to other substances such as cocaine, cannabis, heroin and prescription drugs.
An assessment would be completed to determine what your care needs are and to enable the team to go through a range of treatment types and options with you, as well as enabling us to offer you recommendations.
The amount of time spent in drug and alcohol rehab in Basingstoke can vary from person to person. The shortest time spent in rehab can be from a couple of weeks to anything up to 90 days.
These time lengths differ due to the treatment each sufferer may need. Each person that attends the rehab facility receives individualised care because everyone’s addictions are individual to them.
Sometimes, clinicians and professionals use the ASAM Criteria to assess a patient’s needs. This ASAM is a multidimensional assessment with six parts used to create a biopsychosocial assessment of a person in need of addiction treatment, to determine their needs.
Begin your journey at a drug and alcohol rehab in Basingstoke by calling us today on 0800 088 66 86
Intervention in Basingstoke
Accepting there is a problem can be difficult for some people and coming to terms with their addiction can sometimes take time. For some sufferers with addiction, it can be several years before they finally accept needing help.
Addressing the need for treatment much sooner can sometimes be done with family using the intervention.
An intervention is a process where a family would sit down with the person suffering from alcohol or drug addiction treatment and tell calmly and clearly them how their illness is affecting the lives of those around them, and the impact it is having upon them all.
On some occasions, this can result in the person struggling with addiction to become upset, angry or agitated as well as defensive about the reality of their illness.
Community Reinforcement And Family Training is a technique that uses positive reinforcement to reward periods of abstinence, but any negative behaviours go unrewarded.
The CRAFT method is not an instant results technique but would be something that was carried out over an extended period. More information can be given on this useful method from our team at Rehab Recovery.
To make sure that your loved one gets the help they need from a drug and alcohol rehab in Basingstoke, give our expert team a call today on 0800 088 66 86
What Does It Cost to Attend Rehab in Basingstoke?
Rehab costs can vary, and this depends on the types of treatment you may have, and if you attend a residential rehab centre as opposed to outpatient rehab. The room type can also affect the price, with single occupancy costing slightly more than a group room.
The cost of outpatient care is generally cheaper than staying residentially at a facility.
For someone attending a residential rehab centre for a 10-day detox would be anything between £3,000-£6,000, for a single occupancy room. The cost would be approximately between £2,000-£4,000 if opting for a multi-occupancy room.
With a stay that lasted up to 28 days, this cost of it would be around £8,000-£12,000, if staying in a single-occupancy room, and the lesser expense of around £6,000 if you were to stay in multi-occupancy accommodation.
All costs do include all treatments and therapies that would be planned for you, as well as your detox. It would also include your room costs as well as all meals that you will have during your stay.
The cost of home detox is much cheaper and would cost approximately £1,500.
This option does appeal to many given its lesser charges but does come without the round-the-clock care, within the confines of the centre that can shield you from the daily temptations that would be a factor with a home detox.
If a home detox was possible for you, then planning for these temptations is something that you could prepare for.
If you want an accurate estimation of how much your time during rehabilitation in Basingstoke is likely to cost, give our team a call today on 0800 088 66 86
Choosing The Right Rehab in Basingstoke for You
Experts have agreed that abstinence is far more effective than harm reduction or moderation management – as a result, that’s what rehabs focus on.
When it comes to choosing the right rehab, there are several factors to consider, to ensure you get the right one, but ultimately, it should be the one you feel best fits you.
Many centres offer a variety of treatments, with some using a more therapeutic holistic approach, and others using a 12-step approach.
There are also some extra factors to consider when selecting the right place to ensure quality care, such as:
- A rehab that has good success rates
- A rehab that has good reviews
- A rehab that fits you financially
- A rehab that has a lengthy and good track record
- A rehab that has a well-experienced team
- A rehab that you feel happy, comfortable and at ease with
Ensure that you end up at the perfect drug and alcohol rehab in BAsinggstoke for your needs by calling us today on 0800 088 66 86
Alcohol Detox in Basingstoke
Many of these exist and serve a wide range of different purposes, but the most common prescription drug is Librium.
Once the alcohol detox is complete, work can begin on the psychological aspect of the addiction, which can take up to three weeks in rehab.
Start your recovery at an alcohol rehab in Basingstoke by calling us today on 0800 088 66 86
Cocaine Rehab in Basingstoke
Long-term use of cocaine and crack cocaine can have negative effects on a person, such as depression, anxiety, and panic attacks.
Therapy for this includes CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This type of therapy helps to cope with managing negative thoughts and looks at things in a more positive light.
Cocaine detox will not be necessary as cocaine is not a physically addictive substance.
Beat your cocaine addiction today at a drug rehab in Basingstoke – call us on 0800 088 66 86
Heroin Rehab in Basingstoke
Specialist medication is available to help minimise heroin withdrawal symptoms, with a selection of prescription drugs being assigned at residential heroin rerhab.
This enables further therapy to take place which would include CBT, along with other holistic therapies.
Beat your heroin addiction today at a drug rehab in Basingstoke – call us on 0800 088 66 86
Cannabis Rehab in Basingstoke
Although wrongly thought of as harmless, this could not be further from the truth.
This substance can cause damage to the lives of many, so seeking professional help to cease usage can help you in uncovering the reasons why you may have been pushed to use it.
You will not need to undergo a cannabis detox, but a wide selection of therapies will help you break your psychological addiction to this substance.
Beat your cannabis addiction today at a drug rehab in Basingstoke – call us on 0800 088 66 86
Dual-Diagnosis at Rehab in Basingstoke
Commonly associated mental health issues include:
Using substances is a way of self-medicating to block out the feelings caused by other issues.
When the substance is removed, the initial problem remains, and so treatment for those problems is vital if a person is to remain sober.
Identifying the problem is vital to treatment, as it will ensure the correct help is offered.
Learn how a drug and alcohol rehab in Basingstoke will work to support your mental health by calling us today on 0800 088 66 86
Therapies Available at Rehab in Basingstoke
There are a variety of therapies on offer in Basingstoke to help those going through addiction treatment.
Some of these are listed below:
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Brief Interventions
- Motivational Interviewing
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Stress Management
- Holistic and Alternative Therapy (Art therapy, music therapy, mindfulness, meditation, acupuncture, yoga, nutritional counselling and more)
Relaxation is an important factor of alcohol and drug addiction treatment which is why these types of therapy are offered alongside other treatments in rehab.
To experience any and all of these effective treatments at an alcohol or drug rehab in Basingstoke, call our team today on 0800 088 66 86
Barriers to Addiction Treatment in Basingstoke
There are certain barriers that can prevent people from getting the most out of an addiction treatment program.
One of the most dangerous of these involves the person becoming physically sober but not making any effort to become mentally and emotionally sober.
This means that the person is not drinking or using drugs, but their behaviour is as much as it always was. This situation is often referred to the as dry drunk syndrome. It is something that can not only affect people recovering from alcohol abuse but from any drug.
The symptoms of the dry drunk syndrome would include:
- The person is negative about everything. Even when things start to go well for them the person will find things to complain about.
- The individual has a closed mind and refuses to consider new information and new ideas. Their automatic response to suggestions from their counsellors is to say no. This person will tend to see the world in black and white and they refuse to change their beliefs and opinions.
- The dry drunk will tend to be cynical about recovery and those who are trying to help them. They may believe that those working in a rehab clinic have the wrong motivation and that real recovery is not possible for anyone.
- This person will always be criticising. They like to point out the faults of other people. When they are being nice it comes across as insincere. They seem to get a kick out of watching other people fail.
- The dry drunk looks upon recovery as something to be endured rather than something to be enjoyed. They may feel resentful about not being able to drink and use drugs, and they may treat their new life as being similar to serving a prison sentence.
When people are caught in dry drunk syndrome it is not possible for them to progress in recovery. It is therefore vital that people do not allow themselves to fall into this trap.
This can be avoided if the individual deliberately tries to promote a positive outlook and feels optimistic about the future.
By having this type of attitude the person will be increasing their own inner motivation thus greatly increasing their chances of being successful. The experience that people have in these facilities does often boil down to attitude so it is vital that people consider this.
Overcome the barriers to addiction treatment and get the help you need at a rehab clinic in Basingstoke – call us today on 0800 088 66 86
The Need for Inpatient Detox
Addiction withdrawals can be a bit uncomfortable, but they are rarely worse than common flu symptoms. They will soon pass; although the individual may experience post-acute addiction withdrawal symptoms that can last up to a year.
In the vast majority of incidences, the person will pass through withdrawals without any major problems, but there are still good reasons for why the person might choose an inpatient alcohol or drug detox including:
- Individuals can be most at risk of relapse when they are dealing with withdrawal symptoms. The person will be feeling uncomfortable but they will know that if they take alcohol or drugs they will be able to eliminate this discomfort – it can be very tempting for them to relapse because of this. Most people who try to give up an addiction will not make it through this stage. By entering a detox clinic or rehab the individual will be far more likely to make it through this delicate initial stage. They will have the support they need, and it will not be so easy for them to relapse. Once the person has made it through the initial withdrawal period the chances of them staying sober long-term increase significantly.
- Some people will be at risk of experiencing a particularly severe form of withdrawal known as delirium tremens (DT). The symptoms of this can include dangerously elevated blood pressure and convulsions. The DT can be life-threatening and people do die from these symptoms. It is vital that anyone who is at risk of developing DT is medically supervised during this stage, and this can be best done in an inpatient detox clinic. That way if things start to go wrong the symptoms can be managed safely. Those individuals who have been abusing alcohol or barbiturates long term are the most at risk of developing DT.
- One of the great advantages of undertaking detox in rehab is that the person can begin the treatment program from the first day of their recovery. They will be able to attend group therapy and avail of other treatments while still going through withdrawals. This is beneficial because it will not only speed up the treatment process, but it will also mean that the individual will be getting plenty of support during this time.
- By going through a rehab-type detox the individual will have their withdrawal symptoms kept to a minimum. There will be medications and other treatment options available to help them.
Get the help you need to overcome addiction in Basingstoke by calling our team today on 0800 088 66 86
Aftercare After Rehab in Basingstoke
Once the individual passes through detox and rehab they are still going to need some support in order to stay sober.
- Outpatient group therapy sessions
- One-to-one therapy and addiction counselling sessions
- Sober networks
- Recovery fellowships
Start your recovery journey in Basingstoke today by calling our expert team on 0800 088 66 86
Contacting Rehab Recovery
For more information on detox and rehab options in Basingstoke, contact Rehab Recovery today on 0800 088 66 86.
When you contact us, we shall outline a variety of treatment options that are available to you in Basingstoke.
This includes both private and statutory addiction treatment services.