Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Lincoln
Alcohol and drug addiction is a serious problem in Lincoln. There is a particularly high incidence of alcohol, amphetamine, and ecstasy abuse. A report in 2003 even suggested that Lincoln had the highest rates for stimulant type drugs in the UK. Addiction is far too serious of a problem to ignore. It destroys lives and damages communities and society as a whole. The good news is that there is addiction help available to those who are willing to make use of it.
The dangers of continuing with this type of behaviour will include:
- When people fall into addiction they become caught in a downward spiral. The individual will still have good days and bad days, but over time the good days become rarer and rarer. When the individual examines their life over a significant amount of time it becomes obvious that things are going downhill for them. There will be no way for this person to escape this downward decent until they are ready to quit addiction for good
- Alcohol and drugs have an extremely toxic effect on the body. If the individual continues to use these substances it will lead to damage, and this damage may be irreversible once it reaches a certain point – a good example of this would be wet brain (alcohol dementia) or cirrhosis of the liver
- If it was only the individual who was harmed by addiction they might be able to claim that it was their own business. The reality is that their behaviour causes great suffering for other people who are innocent. It is unfair for these individuals to go on causing so much pain
- Alcohol or drugs prevent the individual from getting the most out of life. So long as they remain caught in the substance abuse they will be living well below their potential. This is a real shame and a waste of the precious time that people have on this planet. Once people become sober they can begin rebuilding their lives, and it makes sense that they should do this sooner rather than later
- In many instances, the individual will be using alcohol or drugs as a form of self-medication. This means that they are using these substances to ease the symptoms of some mental health problems – even though the individual might be unaware that they have such mental health problems. The problem with self-medication is that ultimately it will make their problems worse because it will exacerbate conditions such as depression. The individual will be left with a dual diagnosis, and this means that they will have an addiction as well as their mental health issue
Things to Consider When Choosing a Rehab in Lincoln
Here are a few things worth considering when choosing a rehab in Lincoln:
- Each rehab facility will have its own philosophy and way of doing things. There is more than one approach to addiction recovery. It is recommended that the individual finds a facility that seems most likely to work for them. For example, if people are attracted to spiritual solutions for addiction they will probably want a rehab that emphasises the 12 Steps approach to recovery. Alternatively, they might choose a rehab that offers a number of different approaches
- The most vital thing when choosing a facility is ensuring that they have an adequate aftercare program. This is so important. In order to build strong sobriety, the individual will need to transition smoothly from rehab back to their community. If the person does not have this support already in place they may quickly relapse or fall into new maladaptive behaviour. Rehab is just one part of the process of recovery, and the rest of the pieces of the puzzle need to be in place so that the individual can continue to make progress
- The most important thing in regards to the effectiveness of a rehab facility will be the individual’s attitude. If they enter this treatment centre with the wrong attitude and maintain this attitude throughout their stay, they will almost certainly fail. In fact, having the right attitude may be more important than the type of facility that the person chooses. If the individual is not suitably motivated it would be doubtful that they would find success even in the best rehab in the world. On the other hand, if the person has highly motivated they may succeed even if the treatment centres is far from ideal
- In order for the person to get the most out of this program they will need to be willing to change their ideas and opinions. This is because most of the thinking that accompanied their addiction will need to be changed – all that thinking did was keep the person trapped in addiction. In order to fully escape addiction the individual must have the ability to be open minded and be willing to examine their own thinking in an honest and critical manner
Addiction Recovery in Lincoln
These days it is possible to attend to other parts of the UK in order to receive addiction help. This greatly increases the number of opportunities that people have to deal with their addiction. It also means that the individual will be able to find a luxury facility at a fraction of the cost of what they would pay at home. If you are currently considering your rehab options in Lincoln for alcohol or drug rehab, you should contact us here and we can discuss your options.
Leave Lincoln for Addiction Recovery Rehab
There are some good rehab options available in Lincoln, but there will be people who want to consider their options in other parts of the UK. This may be particularly true for people living in Lincoln who may want to be further away from home when receiving this type of help. One of the reasons for why attending a rehab clinic has become so popular is that it empowers people to be able to choose high-quality options for treatments for a much better financial cost than what they would pay at home. There may also be rehabs that offer something that the individual feels is unavailable in Lincoln.
How We Will Help You Find the Best Rehab
Choosing a rehab blindly may mean entering a program that is not ideal for your requirements. The problem is that most people will not be aware of their treatment program options, and this means that they will struggle to find the most appropriate one – this is not the type of decision you want to leave to luck. Our team is expert in regards to what rehabs have to offer – we will be able to offer you advice on your best options right around the UK.
These days many people are deciding to go beyond Lincoln for addiction help, and this may be something that you want to consider as well. If you contact us now we will help you find something appropriate, and once you have reached your decision we can then make the arrangements for you.