Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Derby
One of the things that help keep people trapped in addiction and that can slip them up in recovery are character flaws. It is therefore important that people in Derby who are trying to break away from this behaviour are able to begin working on these negative personality traits in order to break away from addiction for good. This is one of the most important reasons why the individual can benefit from rehabilitation clinics. This gives them the opportunity to begin this work.
Addictive Character Flaws Explained
It is important to make clear that to say that people dealing with addiction will tend to have character flaws is not implying that they are bad people. The reality is that every human will have at least some of these flaws, but for those who are caught in substance abuse, they can become a particular problem.
The type of flaws involved would include things like:
- The person is prone to impulsive behaviour. They do things with fully considering the consequences of the action.
- The individual struggles to deal with the stress in their life.
- The person likes to take risks.
- They may view deviant behaviour as acceptable.
- The person may admire rule breakers.
- Low self-esteem
- Prone to negative thinking and pessimism about the future
- Highly judgmental of other people
- Deep cynicism about life and people who are trying to help
- Attention seeking behaviour
- Prone to using manipulative behaviour to get what they want
The person in Derby dealing with substance abuse is unlikely to have all of these personality traits, but they will probably have at least some of them. It is important that the individual begins to overcome these as they can get in the way of recovery. This work can usual best begin in a detox centre.
Contacting Rehab Recovery
For more information on detox and rehab options in Derby, contact Rehab Recovery today on 0800 088 66 86. When you contact us, we shall outline a variety of treatment options that are available to you in Derby. This includes both private and statutory addiction treatments.