Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Preston
Drug and alcohol addiction help is available in Preston. There are drug and alcohol treatment facilities as well as outpatient options available. It is important that the individual chooses the recovery path that is most likely to work for them.
Failure to do this could mean that their chance of building a life away from addiction will be reduced. When it comes to giving up alcohol or drugs the most important factor will be the willingness of the individual, but getting the right type of help can make a huge difference.
Drug and Alcohol Support in Preston
Some of the available options for people dealing with addiction in Preston would include:
- For many people, the first professional they will turn to for help will be their GP. This will usually be somebody they trust, and this physician may already have guessed that something is going on. The GP will be able to refer the individual onto other recover services if they feel that this is appropriate
- If people attend an inpatient facility they will increase their chances of breaking away from addiction. Most individuals who try to go it alone will relapse within the first 24 hours but attending rehab supports the person through their most vulnerable time. The other important reason for choosing drug and alcohol rehabilitation is that the individual will have access to the resources they need in order to build a good life away from substance abuse
- Some people will have deeper issues that are driving them to abuse alcohol or drugs as a means of coping. In this situation, it may be beneficial for the person to attend some type of therapy sessions. Here they will have the opportunity to deal with these deeper issues
- A significant number of alcoholics and drug addicts are self-medicating in order to deal with a dual diagnosis. This means that they have another mental health problem such as depression or bipolar disorder alongside their addiction. In such instances, it is vital that the person gets their psychiatric problems dealt with alongside their addiction
- There are 12 Step groups across the UK and there are meetings held in Preston. This approach to alcohol or drug recovery can be a great option because it not only gives the person support to give up the addiction, but it also provides them with a program for successful living. The 12 approach does not seem to be effective for everyone, but it can be very effective for some people
Choosing the Right Drug and Alcohol Treatment
It is important that people consider their options, but they should not use this as a delaying tactic. The problem is that the willingness to break away from addiction can fade over time. If the individual spends too much time pondering their options, they may decide that they no longer want to give up at all. There is no guarantee that the individual will ever again feel ready to break away from addiction so it is vital to make the most of any opportunity for recovery.
Contacting Rehab Recovery
For more information on detox and rehab options in Preston, contact Rehab Recovery today on 0800 088 66 86. When you contact us, we shall outline a variety of treatment options that are available to you in Preston. This includes both private and statutory addiction treatments.