Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Rochdale
Rochdale is becoming a popular choice for those who are looking for addiction help. The rehabs in this area welcome clients from across the UK and from many other countries across the globe. The most common reasons for why people choose Rochdale as a rehab destination is that they offer a high standard of care at affordable prices.
Getting Help for Addiction Problems in Rochdale
It can be difficult for people to break away from addiction unless they have some help. Even if the individual is able to stop the substance abuse for a week or two, they may still struggle to establish long-term sobriety by going it alone. Those people who have previously attempted to stop the substance abuse alone but failed should now definitely consider trying a different approach.
The benefit of getting addiction help will include:
- It means that the individual will be able to learn from the experience of other people without having to depend on trial and error. Many people have already broken away from addiction. These people have gone on to live great lives and it makes sense to learn what worked for them
- Options like alcohol and drug rehab are not just about getting the individual to stop drinking or using drugs. The real benefit of this type of choice is that it provides the individual with all the tools they will need to go on and live a wonderful life
- There are many relapse triggers and other dangers in early recovery that can trip the individual up and lead them back to addiction. The individual will be able to find out about these common traps and learn how to avoid them
- It is easier for the individual to establish a strong recovery if they have plenty of support. This can be particularly important at times when the individual feels low or vulnerable to relapse. If the person gets the right support at these times, it will help ensure that they make it through this difficult period
- The reasons for why the person fell into addiction in the first place are likely to be still there when they become sober. If these issues are not resolved, the person will be at high risk of relapse or falling into other maladaptive behaviours. One of the focuses of rehab is to help the individual to become strong enough that they will be able to overcome these issues. This means that the driving force behind the addiction will no longer be there
- One of the most common reasons why people relapse after a period of sobriety is that they feel unable to cope with life. Many of those who fall into addiction will have begun the substance abuse at an early age, and this means that they will not have had the opportunity to develop normal coping skills. This is because there can be no real development while people are involved in substance abuse – their emotional growth becomes stunted. By getting addiction help, the person will be able to begin building their coping strategies for life so that they are less likely to relapse back to addiction
What to Expect with a Rochdale Rehab
One of the most popular forms of help available to those who are trying to break away from addiction will be alcohol or drug rehabilitation units. This can be a great choice because it means that the individual will be able to benefit from a mix of treatment modalities in an intensive way. When people enter rehab, they will be able to focus fully on their recovery, so this greatly increases their chances of being successful.
Here are a few of the things that people can expect when they enter a Rochdale rehab:
- One of the most important rules of this type of facility is that the individual remains abstinent from alcohol and drugs for the duration of their stay. If the person has used these substances, they will be kicked out of the program. Some facilities will conduct drug tests if they are suspicious that the person is using
- There will be rules and regulations that the individual will be expected to follow during their stay in rehab. This is to help make sure their stay in this facility will be comfortable, and that they will not make things uncomfortable for other people. All of these rules are regulations are reasonable, and the expectation is no more than that the person is polite and fair
- One of the main treatment modalities in these facilities will be group therapy sessions. This is where the individual will engage with other clients in an attempt to investigate their issues. One of the rehab team will facilitate these meetings, but it will usually be up to the members of the group to control where these meetings go in regards to topics
- As well as the group therapy sessions, there will also usually be one to one sessions with a therapist. This is where the individual will really have the opportunity to get deep down into their problems. The person may find that they are more willing to disclose personal information in these one to one sessions than they would be in-group
- It is usual for those staying in this type of facility to have a key worker. This will be a member of staff who takes a particular interest in the client during their stay. It will usually be the key worker that the person sees for their one-to-one therapy sessions
- There will usually be relapse prevention sessions. This is where the individual learns about the relapse process and how to avoid the most common relapse triggers
- It is common for people in rehab to attend skills workshops. This is where they can learn important things like anger management and assertiveness training. The individual will also have the opportunity to pick up coping strategies that they will be able to use to help them cope with the stresses of day-to-day living
- Another vital element of the treatment program in a rehab is that the clients have plenty of fun. There will be activities available where the individual is sure to find that the focus is on pure enjoyment
Let Us Assist You in Your Hunt for the Right Rehab
By choosing the right addiction treatment facility, you will be increasing your likelihood of breaking away from addiction problems for good. We will be able to advise you about not only your options in Rochdale. Sometimes you will be better off going slightly further afield in order to find the best possible option, and we will be able to help you with this. If you have decided that you are ready to break away from addiction, contact us right away to discuss your options. Together we will almost certainly find something appropriate.