Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Chelmsford
There can be a number of reasons for why you may need addiction services in Chelmsford. It may be due to the fact that you have good reasons to travel there for rehab help, or you already live in the local area.
There is also a sizable number of people from around the UK but looking to receive addiction treatment in Chelmsford. Why? Because there are some very good rehab facilities to choose from in this area, and they generally offer a very high standard of care and service.
Good Reasons to Choose Rehab in Chelmsford
It is relatively easy for people living in the UK to travel to Chelmsford for addiction help. Here are some of the possible reasons why they might want to do this:
- It can be more cost effective to travel to Chelmsford for this type of treatment. The price of a private rehab elsewhere in the UK has risen dramatically over the last decade, and some people are now deciding to travel to Chelmsford as a result. It may be possible to find an equally good facility, but that costs significantly less
- Giving up an addiction is a significant event in a person’s life – this is a special time. It seems reasonable that the person might want to go through this process in somewhere nice like Chelmsford. There is no reason why a person can’t go through rehab in the most ideal environment possible
- There are some great benefits of going through a rehab facility that offers a high level of comfort. With this type of treatment, there will be avoidable and unavoidable discomforts. By choosing a comfortable rehab the individual will be eliminating many of the avoidable discomforts
- Some people are not going to want their friends and work colleagues to know that they are going into rehab. This may be because they are worried about the stigma involved or they just want to keep this treatment private. By travelling outside of London, the person will find it much easier to protect their anonymity
- It is sometimes claimed that people struggle to think differently when they are stuck in their usual environment. By leaving this environment, and going somewhere different, the person may be able to get a new perspective on things. By going to Chelmsford for rehab the individual will be emphasising to their psyche that this is a fresh start and that the future is full of exciting possibilities
- Those who are already staying in Chelmsford will usually find that it makes more sense for them to get treatment there
- There may be options available in Chelmsford that are not available elsewhere in the UK. There are now many different approaches to addiction, and it is best if the individual finds the one that is most similar to their worldview
How long does rehab last in Chelmsford?
The amount of time you will likely require in rehab in Chelmsford depends upon the type of drug you are using, your state of physical health and the severity of your addiction.
All rehabs in Chelmsford are regulated by the Care Quality Commission, and the clinics must carry out a thorough physical examination of each client upon admission.
It is important for rehabs to ensure you do not discharge from their care until it is absolutely safe to do so, and so the exact amount of time you are recommended to stay in rehab varies from person to person.
We find the most successful rehab programmes are those that run over a four-week period. This is because you will take part in daily therapy sessions throughout this period to help you build the tools needed to avoid relapse when you return to your home.
These therapy sessions tackle the underlying emotional causes of drug and alcohol addiction.
How much does rehab cost in Chelmsford?
Rehab in Chelmsford varies depending upon the clinic you select. A typical month-long rehab may cost as little as £5,000 or as much as £13,000. A 7-day detox starts at around £2,500. It is also possible to undergo a home detox from your Chelmsford home for around £1,500.
You would then be able to undergo therapy on an outpatient basis, and also attend local Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous programmes in Chelmsford.
What types of therapy take place at a Chelmsford rehab clinic?
Following the completion of detox, the focus of rehab is on rehabilitation. One means of achieving this is to tackle the underlying emotional cause of addiction, and this possible via counselling and therapy sessions.
Rehabs in Chelmsford make use of modern evidence-based therapies such as cognitive behavioural therapy, dialectical behavioural therapy and brief interventions. You also take part in counsellor-led group therapy sessions.
Here, you will, along with the rest of the group, be shown how to identify the situations or emotions that cause you to drink alcohol or use drugs. You will develop positive coping mechanisms to help you remain in your recovery following the conclusion of residential rehab.
How to Get the Most out of a Chelmsford Rehab
If the individual decides to travel to Chelmsford in order to enter rehab they may well be making a very good choice. It is crucial though, that the person understands that even the best rehab in the world will not be able to help them unless they approach things the right way.
In order to get the most from this type of treatment program, it will be necessary to:
- The person should enter this facility with the intention of doing whatever it takes to achieve lasting sobriety. The individual should have no reservations about doing what needs to be done. If the person is willing to do whatever it takes there will be on the way that they can fail
- Entering rehab means taking a leap of faith. It means trusting that those who are working in this facility know what they are doing. The individual will not be expected to just blindly do whatever they are told, but they do need to consider every suggestion in good faith. It can often be the suggestion that the individual feels most resistant against that they most need to take on board
- The individual needs to develop a beginner’s mind. This means that they are able to put away all their preconceived notions and ideas. If the person is too caught up in their own ideas and opinions it will be impossible for them to learn something new. The individual needs to keep in mind that it will have been their thinking that led them into addiction in the first place
- The person has to have a sense of urgency when they enter this type of program. They will only have a limited amount of time to pick up the substantial knowledge and skills that they are going to need to make their future better. This sense of urgency does not mean that the person should not have fun in rehab (they need to have fun), but it does mean that the person should keep their eye on the prize
How We Can Help You Find Your Best Rehab Options
If you are serious about breaking away from addiction for good we will be able to help you accomplish this. One of the problems that people will have when they make the decision to quit is choosing the right rehab. The problem is that there are just so many options available. It would be easier if there was just one approach that worked for everyone, but this is clearly not the case. This is why you will be able to benefit from our advice.
We will be able to discuss your options with you and encourage you to find the one that is most likely to work for you. So contact us right away and together we will find your path away from the suffering of addiction.