Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Cambridgeshire
If alcohol or drug abuse is causing you suffering then the obvious answer is to stop engaging in this behaviour or at least limit it so that it no longer causes problems. If you have already tried to deal with things yourself and failed though, then this could be a sign that you need help in order to stop and that permanent abstinence is going to be your best solution.
It can be difficult to admit that we need help to deal with our problems, but this is often what we need to do in order to escape them.
Support to End Addiction in Cambridgeshire
Support for anyone wishing to end an addiction is available in Cambridgeshire. So long as the individual is determined to give up alcohol or drugs there will almost certainly be a solution that will work for them. In some cases the individual will be able to stop with minimal assistance, or with alcohol and drug counselling. In many situations, the best course of treatment will be for the person to enter drug rehab.
The type of person in Cambridgeshire who might require this type of inpatient treatment would include:
- If people have been abusing substances for many years they are likely going to find it a real struggle to adjust to sober living. It is therefore recommended that they enter rehab so that they can begin to learn about this new way of living and gain the coping strategies that will allow them to make a success of recovery.
- Some people who have a long term addiction to alcohol or certain drugs such as barbiturates will be at risk of particularly severe forms of withdrawal symptoms know as delirium tremens (DTs) – some people have died as a result of the DTs. By entering a detox clinic the individual will have their withdrawals medically supervised so that help is at hand if things begin to deteriorate.
- There are many individuals who will have already have tried to break their addiction alone but failed at this. There is a wise saying that if people keep on doing the same things they will keep experiencing the same things, and therefore it is advisable for them to try a different approach. If people are struggling to give up their addiction without help then the obvious solution is for them to give rehab a try.
- Some people will be living in an environment that encourages them to use drugs or abuse alcohol. If they remain in that environment it will be extremely difficult for them to stay sober. By entering rehab the individual will be in an environment that is more conducive to recovery. When the period of rehab is complete they can then move onto a dry house or other accommodation that supports recovery.
- If the individual has poor coping strategies they will struggle to deal with life in recovery. For years they will have been using alcohol or drugs as a way to cope but now they will no longer have this option. This means that as soon as things get tough the individual may feel like they have no choice but to relapse. By entering rehab this person will be able to gain the coping skills they need in order to build a better life.
- Many people find that fellowship groups such as those that use the 12 Steps are a great help with getting them sober. There are rehabs where the individual will get a firm grounding in this program, and they can begin making the steps a part of their everyday life. This means that they will be strong in the program right from the beginning.
Do I Need Rehab?
Entering rehab is a big deal, and it is not something that most people will be willing to do unless they really feel that they require this type of intervention. It is up to the individual themselves to decide if they need rehab but here are some things they will want to consider when making their decision.
If you have made attempts in the past to quit alone but failed then this could be a sign that you need additional help. If you keep on doing the same things you are likely to keep on getting the same results so it just makes sense to try something different.
If you are serious about ending your addiction you will want to give yourself the best possible chance at success. By entering a drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre you will be doing just that. It just makes sense to choose this option.
One of the most common reasons why people relapse in early recovery is that they feel unable to cope without alcohol and drugs. This is because the individual does not have the required coping tools for dealing with life.
One reason why this happens is that substance abuse prevents people from developing, so they are not prepared to face life on life’s terms. By attending rehab the individual will have the opportunity to begin developing the tools they need, and this will make it easier for them to cope with the sober life.
If you do not have a firm plan for recovery with adequate support then it is likely that rehab is going to be your best option.
What Can I Expect in Rehab?
Each rehab operates according to its own format but some of the things you can expect will include:
- A full assessment upon admission to determine your exact needs
- Regular group therapy sessions – these will usually occur each day
- One to one sessions with a key worker
- Workshops and seminars teaching life skills and other important information.
- Group activities
- Fun activities
- Life story work – this is to help the individual discover the causes of their addiction
Contacting Rehab Recovery
For more information on detox and rehab options in Cambridgeshire, contact Rehab Recovery today on 0800 088 66 86. When you contact us, we shall outline a variety of treatment options that are available to you in Cambridgeshire. This includes both private and statutory addiction treatments.