Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Fife
Giving up an addiction to alcohol or drugs is a major achievement. Those people who are able to do this have a second chance in life, and they can really turn things around. There are many success stories of people who walked away from substance abuse and went on to achieve great things in life. They changed from people who were considered by most to be dysfunctional to becoming respected members of their communities.
There are examples of this type of person living in Fife, and they are living proof that recovery from addiction is possible if people want it enough. They can inspire those who are still struggling with addiction to get the help they need.
How to Find Treatment for Alcohol and Drug Problems in Fife
When people are trapped in the midst of addiction they can feel hopeless and lost. They are caught in a downward spiral, and the longer they remain addicted the more they are likely to lose. Most addicts suffer from low self-esteem, and this means that they may believe that this horrible life is the best they deserve. This type of thinking is not only extremely self-destructive but it is also wrong. There is help for alcoholics and drug addicts and all they need is a willingness to escape their misery.
Here are a few suggestions for how people can find treatment for alcohol or drug problems in Fife:
- An addiction counsellor is a person who has been trained to offer advice and counselling to those who are dealing with this type of problem. They will understand all the available options for treatment, and they will be able to advise the individual on the best path for them to take
- It is important to keep in mind that there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution to addiction recovery. Each individual is unique and what works for one person might not work for another. Luckily these days there are a number of options available so there will always be something suitable to choose from
- If people want to have the best possible start in recovery it will usually be advisable that they attend rehab. This facility will be able to provide them with the tools they need in order to build a good life away from alcohol and drugs
- It can be particularly important that those people who have been using alcohol or drugs for many years enter a detox centre. The fact that their bodies will have become so habituated to drug or alcohol use means that they are more at risk of severe withdrawal symptoms – this is particularly true with certain types of drugs such as alcohol and barbiturates. By attending a rehab the individual will be monitored during withdrawals so they will be kept safe
- When choosing an alcohol or drug rehabilitation facility it is important that they have a good aftercare program. If people return home without having adequate support in place there will be a much higher risk of relapse
Rehab in Fife
If people have tried to quit their addiction alone and failed, then this can be a sign that they need to spend time in alcohol or drug rehab. This facility will be able to give them the support they need in order to get them through the early stage of recovery when they are most likely to relapse. The person will also have the opportunity to develop the skills they need to successfully ensure long term abstinence. These programs really can offer a path to a new and better life.
Despite the great advantages of attending alcohol and drug treatment centres, the individual can still feel reluctant about taking this step. The usual reason for this is the fear of the unknown. If the individual had a realistic idea about what to expect it will usually make them more open to the idea.
These facilities can vary a great deal in what they offer but here are some of the things that people can expect:
- These facilities are usually very comfortable places to stay, and a great deal of effort is put into creating the right type of environment. This is because it is understood that if the individual does not feel comfortable in the rehab they are unlikely to get much out of the experience
- Most private rehabs will provide the individual with their own room, and they may even have their own en suite facilities and TV
- The person who attends this type of facility will be expected to follow a program. This will include group sessions and therapy sessions. It is also usual for the person to attend workshops during their stay
- Many rehabs are more like private homes than institutions. In fact, they can even look like homes from the outside
- When people enter this facility they will need to agree to abide by certain rules and regulations. This is to ensure that the facility remains a pleasant place to stay
- In most facilities, the person will be expected to take on domestic duties during their stay
- It is usual for each resident to have a key worker. This will be a member of the team who takes responsibility for them during their stay. This is also usually the person they will see for one to one therapy sessions
- Most rehabs will conduct a full assessment of the individual when they first arrive. This is to ensure that they will follow the treatment path that is likely to be most effective in their case. This treatment program will usually be adjusted in relation to the person’s needs
- There will be areas in the rehab where the individual will be able to socialise with other people. There will usually be TV rooms, places to relax, and places to dine
Contacting Rehab Recovery
For more information on detox and rehab options in Fife, contact Rehab Recovery today on 0800 088 66 86. When you contact us, we shall outline a variety of treatment options that are available to you in Fife. This includes both private and statutory addiction treatments.