Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Ipswich
Ipswich addiction help facilities make a commitment to offering the best treatment options for patients. Although addiction support comes in the form of tailored programs for each patient, the hardest challenge can be making the decision to seek help for a drug and alcohol addiction in the first place. The good news is families can help to encourage people into finding addiction treatment for themselves.
Here are the things families should be looking to do for the good of their loved ones.
Not all people who are suffering from an addiction have the desire to find help for their drug and alcohol addiction. Often, they don’t realise how serious their problem is to do anything about it. Instead, they will plod along unknowingly without understanding the health complications they are bringing upon themselves.
Speaking to them whilst they are sober about finding addiction help can often be the trigger to enter rehab. Only through the eyes of an outsider can they understand what they look like. It won’t always work in encouraging them to find addiction support, but it does have a good success rate.
Starving Them Out
Most people who desperately need addiction treatment will have no job; perhaps they have lost it as a direct result of their addiction? The only way in which they can be possibly funding an addiction is through the help of others. Friends and family members are prime suspects. Speak to these people who are giving them money and tell them to stop offering money. Cutting off the supply lines can literally starve the addiction out.
Without the means to fund their addiction the only way is up. The only way they can go is into a rehab centre for addiction treatment. Drug and alcohol addictions are often treated in this manner. Always remember to make it clear the option of rehab is available if this route is taken.
The consequences of drugs and alcohol can involve anything from debts to prison. If any of these terrible consequences arise, don’t help them. To properly understand the damage caused by these addictions they need to be allowed to fail. Once they hit the bottom of the barrel there’s a higher chance of them finding help by themselves.
It definitely seems quite cruel to do this, but in reality, it’s the kindest thing which can be done. The benefits of coming clean and relieving the devastating effects of addiction are far superior to a period of brief suffering.
By cutting them off and starving them out, rock bottom does not have to be waited for. In a sense, exacerbating circumstances can force addicts to hit rock bottom before they might do on their own. This means that recovery may be able to start sooner. Tough love is a hard thing to implement, but ultimately, the best thing for people who cannot see what they are doing to themselves. The other option is to enable them. Then families and loved ones are playing a part in helping the addict to fall deeper into their addiction every day. The more this happens, the harder it is for them to break free.
Interventions can be staged to confront the substance abuser and make them face their problems head-on. To do this, family and friends gather round and tell the addict exactly how their behaviour has impacted their lives. This can include tales of how they have let them down and how it’s made them feel. Quite often, many people who suffer from addiction focus only on one problem and that is how they can get their next fix. To be confronted by the people they love and hear out loud how they have hurt them can be extremely eye-opening for the addict.
Interventions can be handled just by family or colleagues, or they may seek professional help. To do this, concerned members of the group must contact an interventionist. They can be found at rehab centres. The interventionist will meet with everyone who will be involved in the intervention and go over a plan. They will let everyone know what to expect so that people can be prepared. Often, when confronted, substance abusers can be outraged.
This is because they are still hanging on tightly to denial about the situation. They might accuse people of lying or not caring. It is essential that members of the intervention remain strong in the face of an angry or upset addict. Most addicts are master manipulators and will say or do anything in order to protect their substance abuse.
Benefits of having a professional interventionist present are:
- They can prepare people for what might happen during the intervention. For anyone who hasn’t been involved in one before, interventions can be extremely difficult to cope with
- The interventionist can put together a cohesive plan of action, which serves to lessen the amount of anxiety felt by all involved. It also helps the intervention run more smoothly making it more effective
- The role of the interventionist is to diffuse any angry situations and deal with outbursts from the substance abuser by offering professional advice from experience in the field
- Should the intervention go as planned and the substance abuser realise the need to go to rehab, the interventionist can have arranged for them to be taken almost immediately before they change their mind
- Detoxification through the latest medications in Ipswich
- Group support and private counselling to open up the issues which caused the addiction in the first place. The group sessions work to introducing addicts to people who are on the same path as them. This encourages positive relationships going forward
- Additional support in order to develop practical skills to use when entering the real world again. These skills often lead to employment, which is the key to building a better life
- Aftercare options to provide continued support to residents after they leave their rehabilitation facilities. Normally, these programs last for at least six to nine months to give people the best possible chance of achieving long term abstinence
Contacting Rehab Recovery
For more information on detox and rehab options in Ipswich, contact Rehab Recovery today on 0800 088 66 86. When you contact us, we shall outline a variety of treatment options that are available to you in Ipswich. This includes both private and statutory addiction treatments.