Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Crawley
One of the reasons why people may feel a great deal of resistance about going to rehab is that they fear that the process is going to be extremely difficult or uncomfortable. The reality is that this is unlikely to be the case. The individual will have to put a good deal of effort into their recovery, and there will be a little bit of discomfort, but it will never be anything that the individual can’t handle. In fact, the person is likely to find that there will be plenty of time in rehab when they actually enjoy themselves.
Avoidable Discomforts in Recovery
There are some discomforts of addiction treatment that are avoidable and some that are not avoidable. For example, the individual will likely need to deal with withdrawal symptoms. It will be possible to reduce these symptoms but probably not eradicate them entirely. It makes sense that those people in Crawley who are trying to break away from addiction should do all they can to avoid as many of the avoidable discomforts as possible. One of the most effective ways of doing this would be by choosing a luxury rehab facility.
Good Reasons to Choose a Luxury Rehab Facility
There really are some good reasons for why people in Crawley might want to choose a luxury rehab clinic including:
- There will usually be a better therapist to client ration in this type of facility. This will mean that the client will get more time with this professional which can make a huge difference to their ability to recover. This type of rehab will also usually have a wider variety of addiction specialists working on the team
- A top rehab will be able to offer far more facilities and activities than a standard place. They are likely to have a great many additional therapies available such as massage, fitness therapy, music therapy, and occupational therapy. There are also likely to have things like swimming pools, sauna, games room, and a nice garden
- One of the nicest benefits of this type of facility is that the individual will have their own room. They may even have their own toilet. All these extras can make a stay in such a facility a bit more enjoyable. It can be particularly important for those people who are usually loners to have their own space
- The environment of this facility will be a bit more comfortable and luxurious – in fact, some of these places look like five-star hotels. Getting better in a nice environment is easier because the person is better able to relax
The individual will usually have plenty of excuses for why they do not want to choose a private rehab, but these tend not to hold up to much scrutiny when we consider:
- The individual is likely to be already spending a small fortune feeding their alcohol or drug addiction. In some cases, the individual will have saved the money for private rehab after being sober for just a few months
- By increasing their chances of success in rehab the individual will be investing in their future. So long as they remain sober they should be able to live a much happier and productive life. It should also mean that they will have the potential to earn more money because they are going to be more productive
- When the person leaves this facility they are going to have some highly effective new skills at their disposal. This means that they will be able to get much more out of life
How to Get the Most Out of a Visit to Rehab
Rehab is an investment in the future, but in order for the individual to get the best returns for their investment, they will need to get the most out of this experience.
They will be able to do this by:
- Having a sense of urgency during their time in rehab so that they are determined to get the most out of the experience. This sense of urgency does not mean that the individual should take themselves too seriously – it just means that they should take advantage of every opportunity available. The tools that the person can pick up during their time in rehab can mean the difference between a highly rewarding life and death due to addiction
- Keeping an open mind means that the individual is able to give all the suggestions and recommendations in rehab a fair hearing. It means that for the duration of their stay the individual is willing to suspend some of their beliefs and opinions. They need to understand that by believing that they already know the answer it will prevent them from learning anything new. It is often said by members of Alcoholics Anonymous members that their best thinking brought them into addiction. This is referring to the fact that substance abusers tend to accumulate many unhelpful beliefs and opinions
- It is also vital that the individual leaves rehab highly motivated but not so much that they are going to run out of steam quickly. The way that the person keeps their motivation up is by enjoying the small successes of recovery, and by spending time with motivated people. The individual needs to be alert for any signs that their motivation might be starting to decrease, and be able to remedy this situation right away
- In order to get the most from rehab the individual has to have the willingness to be completely honest. It is often stated that people are only as sick as their secrets, and this is certainly the case when it comes to addiction recovery
Contacting Rehab Recovery
For more information on detox and rehab options in Crawley, contact Rehab Recovery today on 0800 088 66 86. When you contact us, we shall outline a variety of treatment options that are available to you in Crawley. This includes both private and statutory addiction treatments.