Overeating Help & Treatment
Overeating is not just greed but a real and problematic eating disorder. It is also called compulsive eating or binge eating and normally means that the sufferer finds themselves going through episodes of consuming enormous amounts of food while feeling utterly powerless to stop.
A lot of overeaters carry on eating long after they are full or do not register what they are actually eating. This is different from bulimia as a chronic overeater will not try to compensate for their consumption afterwards by purging or excessive exercise.
Contrary to popular belief, overeating is actually more common than anorexia and bulimia and affects a lot of men as well as women of all ages. It commonly arises when food is used as a coping mechanism to handle low self-esteem, depression or other negative feelings.
Needless to say, overeating commonly leads to obesity which has a whole host of associated problems including diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, sleep problems and more.
Symptoms of Overeating
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting possible signs of having an over-eating problem? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Do they appear very overweight or obese? Note this is not always the case!
- Are they secretive about their eating habits, claiming to have not eaten and become angry when questioned?
- Does food regularly disappear from the fridge or from cupboards, or are there any “stashes” of high-calorie food around the house?
- Do they often turn to eat food when seeming to feel depressed, low or even just bored?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an overeating problem? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of an eating disorder and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Overeating
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of the problem of chronic overeating is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our overeating treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.