Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Suffolk
If you suspect that your life would be better without alcohol or drugs then this is already a sign that you may already have a problem. The reality is that people are usually well on their way to addiction (if not there already) by the time they begin worrying about it. Substance abuse leads to denial, and the problem drinker or drug user will have all types of excuses for why things are going wrong in their life. They may even believe that it is these substances that allow them to cope with all the bad stuff.
If you feel trapped by addiction your only positive option is to break away. It is probably too late for you to be able to control your drinking or drug use and once this control is gone it never comes back. Your only real option is to choose permanent abstinence from these substances.
It is Possible to Break Away from Addiction Forever
It is often claimed that a leopard can’t change its spots, but this is certainly not the case with people who are dealing with an addiction. There are many fine examples of individuals who were not only able to break away from addiction but who were also then able to go on and rebuild a successful life. There are many ex-addicts who are now considered success stories and who have gone on to become respected members of their communities. Some examples of this can even be found in Suffolk.
How People Break Away from Addiction
People living in Suffolk will find that there are a reasonable number of resources available to help them break away from addiction. The reason though for why so many people remain addicted is not a lack of resources usually, but it is more to do with the fact that the individual is reluctant to make use of these resources.
The reality is that in order for the person to have a real chance of breaking away from addiction they needed to be 100% committed and completely ready for change. Anything less than this and the individual will be fighting a real uphill battle.
The secret to breaking away from addiction is the willingness to do whatever it takes. This means that the individual keeps an open mind and considers any resource that will help them recover. The person might not like things like drug and alcohol consoling or detox clinics, but they choose to use them because they are serious about ending the addiction.
The average addict tends to be a ‘no’ person to many of the resources available for addiction recovery, but in order to change, they will need to become more of a ‘yes’ person.
The Benefits of Entering Rehab
One of the most effective decisions that people can make, when it comes to ending addiction, is for them to enter a rehab facility. There are many benefits to be had by joining this type of residential program including:
- When people enter this facility they will be joining a therapeutic community. This means that they will be in an environment that fully supports recovery, and this should increase their motivation to quit significantly.
- While in rehab the individual will be surrounded by people who are on a common path. This means that they will not be taking their early steps into recovery alone or unaided.
- Many of these places will also serve as detox centres. This means that the person will be medically supervised while they are withdrawing from alcohol or drugs. They will detox safely and there will usually be pharmaceutical agents to make the process easier.
- They will have access to all the resources they are going to need in order to build a sober life.
- They will benefit from the multidisciplinary team who will be able to share their knowledge and expertise.
- During their stay in rehab, the individual will be protected from the usual temptations. This greatly increases the likelihood that they will make it through the first few weeks of recovery when they are most likely to relapse. By making it past early recovery the person’s chances of long term recovery are greatly increased.
- They will have the opportunity to pick up the skills and tools they need in order to make a successful life in recovery. This is vital because it means they will be able to cope once they return home.
The Pay off for Ending an Addiction
Those individuals from Suffolk who do break away from addiction are unlikely to ever regret this achievement. One of the fears that people have when they stop using alcohol or drugs is that life will lack meaning – that things will be boring. The reality is that it is the life of the addict that is boring and predictable. When people become sober they can begin to really have fun.
The complaint that many people in long term recovery have is that there is not enough hours in the day to do all the things that they want to do. The individual when sober is able to become involved in activities that they really love and this can be highly rewarding. They can also go on to achieve their dreams.
The years in addiction do not have to be wasted so long as the individual is sober and able to learn from this experience. One of the most important lessons that people gain from this part of their life is that change is possible. This means that in future years in sobriety they will be able to chip away at any other problems that are taking away from the enjoyment of their life. Of course, the goal here is always progress and not perfection.
Contacting Rehab Recovery
For more information on detox and rehab options in Suffolk, contact Rehab Recovery today on 0800 088 66 86. When you contact us, we shall outline a variety of treatment options that are available to you in Suffolk. This includes both private and statutory addiction treatments.