Prescription Drug Addiction Help & Treatment
Prescription drugs are everyday and legal drugs which are prescribed to people by their GP or other doctors. However, the legitimacy of these drugs does not mean that they aren’t addictive, and it is often far too easy for people to develop a physical and psychological addiction to their prescription substances, especially those which have “feel good” effects such as elation or sleepiness.
The most commonly abused prescription drugs are painkillers, sleeping tablets, anti-anxiety or anti-depressant pills and ADHD medication. This can include painkillers making use of codeine, valium and temazepam or even stimulants such as Ritalin.
Symptoms of Prescription Drug Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting a possible addiction to prescription drugs? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Are they registered, or trying to register, at more than one GP, and have a habit of visiting different pharmacies to get their prescriptions?
- Are they experiencing side effects from prescription drug use but refuse to bring this up with their GP for fear of being “cut off?”
- Do they become aggressive or defensive when confronted about their prescription drug use, justifying excessive use with “but the doctor gave it to me” or “it is medicine?”
- Are they secretive or seem embarrassed about their use of prescription drugs, perhaps by refusing to take medicine in front of others or insisting on privacy to swallow tablets?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an addiction to prescription drugs? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of prescription drug addiction and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Prescription Drug Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of an addiction to prescription drugs is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our prescription drug addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.