Pot Addiction Help & Treatment
Pot, or marijuana, is a processed form of the hemp plant cannabis satvia. It can be smoked in a cigarette (called a joint) or through a pipe (known as a bong) as well as mixed into food and hot drinks. Hashish is a more concentrated form of pot. Alternative and slang names include cannabis, hash and weed.
People who smoke pot get a high followed by a sense of drowsiness which is extremely addictive. Pot is a very commonly abused drug thanks to widespread myths that it is “harmless” despite its many severe side effects and consequences from long term use. It also often acts as a “gateway drug” with many people of all ages starting a drug addiction with pot before moving onto “harder” drugs like heroin or cocaine.
Side effects include psychological problems like anxiety, depression and paranoia, and can aggravate existing mental health issues such as schizophrenia. Long term use affects blood pressure which leads to heart problems. Similarly to tobacco, smokable pot has many unpleasant chemical additives in it which cause problems like lung disease and cancer.
Symptoms of Pot Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting a possible addiction to pot? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Do they exhibit signs of euphoria, heightened senses or altered perceptions along with suddenly feeling very hungry (known as “the munchies”)?
- Can you smell a distinctive sweet/spicy aroma with a cloying quality in their hair or clothing?
- Do they have bloodshot eyes or stained fingers?
- Are they exhibiting problems with coordination as if they were drunk, but they have not been drinking?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an addiction to pot? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of an addiction to pot and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Pot Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of an addiction to pot is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our pot addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.