Drug Alcohol and Rehab in Jordan
Many people suffering from addiction are scared to seek help for many reasons. They might feel ashamed, they might be suffering from fear of the unknown, or they might not know where to turn.
Jordan is a surprisingly good country for drug and alcohol rehab. The National Centre for the Rehabilitation of Addicts opened in 2000.
There are also two further rehab facilities there, so there’s plenty of support if it’s somewhere you’re looking for alcohol or drug addiction treatment services.
Here, we have a further guide to the process of drug and alcohol rehab in Jordan and other areas.
More specifically, the subjects here will include a few facts and statistics about addiction.
We will look at the admissions process, the difference between physical and psychological addiction, the alcohol and drug detox process, and various kinds of rehab.
To get the help you need from a drug and alcohol rehab in Jordan, give our team a call today on +44 330 333 6197
Addiction facts and statistics
Addiction is a mental and physical illness that changes the way your brain works. In 2018 statistics on drug and alcohol addiction in England show how deep this problem has run for several years.
That year, there were 7,545 admissions to hospitals with drug-related mental and behavioural disorders.
That same report showed 2,593 registered deaths from drug misuse. That’s without even considering those who’ve suffered from the health impacts of alcohol addiction.
Addiction is not considered a ‘choice’ or ‘moral failing’ on behalf of the addiction sufferer – so the focus of rehab is always on returning agency to the patient.
You can read more about the disease of addiction here.
The best way to avoid the most severe impacts of drug and/or alcohol addiction is to seek out professional rehab.
It can take many forms, whether in Jordan or anywhere else. All you need to do is reach out.
Don’t leave your recovery until it’s too late – find out how a drug and alcohol rehab in Jordan can help you by calling us today on +44 330 333 6197
Physical vs psychological addictions in Jordan
We’ve already noted that addiction has a physical and a psychological side. Now let’s look at that in a bit more detail.
Physical addiction is primarily defined by alcohol or drug withdrawal symptoms, which often stop people from getting the help that they need.
These withdrawal symptoms occur at a stage where dependency has developed. This means that your body has become reliant on the substances you’re using or on alcohol.
As a side note, increased tolerance to drugs and/or alcohol is a key sign that this dependence is developing. It might seem like something minor, but it’s absolutely something you need to watch out for.
On the other side of things, psychological addiction involves mental cravings. This is also an incredibly hard barrier to break down, but you can do it.
Whatever kind of addiction you suffer from, get the help you need to overcome it by calling us today on +44 330 333 6197
A guide to the alcohol detox process at rehab in Jordan
Withdrawal symptoms can change quite a bit based on the severity of your addiction and what you’re addicted to.
The primary difference will be in the potential withdrawal symptoms and the prescription drugs you may take to address it.
Alcohol withdrawal symptoms will usually pop up within 2 to 6 hours of drinking ceasing, including:
- A headache
- Delirium tremens and uncontrollable shaking
The prescription drug Librium is the most commonly used medication during alcohol detox, which is effective at reducing anxiety.
To get the expert help needed to undergo an alcohol detox at rehab in Jordan, give our team a call today on +44 330 333 6197
The drug detox process in Jordan
Although we are using the umbrella term “substances” here, there’s also a huge variety of withdrawal symptoms within drugs.
For example, drugs like cocaine are known for causing extreme mood elevation, followed by a “crash period”. This results in psychological withdrawal symptoms like anxiety, irritability, and sleeplessness.
Drugs like heroin, on the other hand, produce a more physical reaction of the kind listed above.
However, cocaine is not physically addictive, so it does not require a medically assisted detox. Heroin, like alcohol, is very physically addictive and therefore does.
Find our ideal drug rehab in Jordan with our help by calling us today on +44 330 333 6197
Dealing with a dual diagnosis at rehab in Jordan
As we’ve said here before, addiction is a complex disorder. It often comes with various traumas and mental health issues, and it tends to cause them too. For example, various substances especially are known to cause depression and anxiety.
On top of that, it’s fairly common to have multiple addictions at once. This is known as a dual diagnosis.
So it’s common to go into this process with multiple diagnoses, and most centres are equipped to deal with this.
This might be something you’re worried about going in, so please be reassured that you can heal just as well as someone with one diagnosis.
To discover how a drug and alcohol rehab in Jordan will work to support your mental health, call us today on +44 330 333 6197
How much time will I spend at drug and alcohol rehab in Jordan?
The time you spend in a public or private rehab could depend on various factors, including how severe your addiction is and how well your addiction treatment goes.
It really could range from a month to a year. If and when you choose to get in touch with Rehab Recovery, this is a question you should discuss.
But overall, fixating on the time you’re going to spend in recovery isn’t a healthy attitude to go in with.
Once you know on a practical level how long you’re likely to spend in rehab, you’re better off switching your focus to recovery.
To learn how long your stay at a drug and alcohol rehab clinic in Jordan is likely to take, call us today on +44 330 333 6197
Cocaine rehab in Jordan
If you’re struggling from cocaine addiction in Jordan then you will need to attend drug rehab.
If you are addicted to cocaine, then you will attend therapy during your time in rehab.
Heroin rehab in Jordan
A heroin addiction will control your life.
Heroin is one of the most addictive substances and controls both your mind and body.
Prescription drugs will likely be used during this detox in order to limit the potential of heroin withdrawal.
Cannabis rehab in Jordan
Cannabis is one of the most highly abused drugs throughout the world.
Although cannabis is highly addictive mentally and can be extremely hard to quit, cannabis is not physically addictive.
This means that upon admission to rehab iJordan, you will not need to undergo a cannabis detox.
Instead, cannabis addiction is mostly tackled through various therapies designed to break this psychological addiction and any addictive habits.
Therapies and addiction counselling available at rehab centres in Jordan
Professionally supported drug and alcohol rehab is one of the best ways to recover from addiction, largely due to the therapies they can offer.
Various kinds of therapy and counselling make up the rehab process. Some of the most significant ones within a majority of treatment plans are:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Contingency Management
- Brief Interventions
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Holistic Therapy (Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Mindfulness, Meditation, Yoga, Nutritional Counselling, etc.)
It should, however, be noted that different organisations and centres may offer different things.
So it would be best if you always did comprehensive research to see what’s on offer so that you can plan around that.
After you’ve finished, some form of aftercare will also be a part of your treatment plan.
As such, you’ll continue to receive treatment even after you’ve left residential rehab. Or after you’ve finished your initial rehab stages if you’re participating in outpatient treatment.
To discover which rehab clinics in Jordan offer the modes of therapy you desire, or to learn more about therapy itself, give our expert team a call today on +44 330 333 6197
Relapse prevention planning during drug and alcohol rehab in Jordan
Experts have agreed that abstinence is far more effective than harm reduction or moderation management – as a result, that’s what rehabs focus on.
A good relapse prevention plan is also vital to long-term recovery. This is something that should be developed along with the rest of your treatment, with a few important things included:
- Potential triggers, so you know what to avoid
- Ways that you can manage your cravings
- Lifestyle changes
- Relapse prevention tools
- A strategy in case you do relapse
Beat addiction in Jordan once and for all by calling our team today on +44 330 333 6197
The 12-step approach to recovery in Jordan
The twelve steps vary slightly from place to place as the system evolves.
However, the backbone of the approach includes:
1. Admitting that you have a problem and need help – acknowledging that you have a problem is, after all, one of the most important steps. It will lead you to the help you need and put you in the right frame of mind for recovery.
2. Acceptance of a higher power – please note this doesn’t necessarily have to be a religious connection. It just means looking towards something bigger
3. Deciding to turn your life around/over to whatever higher power you’ve identified – Again, this links back to our first point. In addition, beyond acknowledging that you have a problem and that you need help, choosing to get that help is also vital.
4. Identifying your problems whilst looking at how your current behaviour and lifestyle affect yourself and those around you.
As you’ll have seen previously, this is also a major part of therapy and counselling techniques like CBT and motivational interviewing.
5. Connecting to that, admitting your wrongs – Looking at where you might have harmed other people will then mean you can start to fix what you might have caused. This will also be freeing for you, as you can start to let it go and move forward.
6. Accepting the faults you’ve identified and attempting to move forward while letting them go and working on them – This is part of the same process listed above, where you acknowledge everything you want to leave behind and then let it go.
7. Asking the higher power to help you with recovery goals you feel you can’t achieve alone – No matter what kind you’re going through, rehab is a tough process. You won’t be able to achieve everything alone – this step is all about acknowledging that.
8. Making a list of people you might have harmed before you started the process – Further to acknowledging damage you might have done before you started rehab, you’ll also need to look into specifics
9. Making amends to the people on that list, in whatever way you can – As you might have guessed, this is the point where you can start to make it up to anybody you might have hurt. This will obviously take different forms depending on your exact situation, and it might not be possible in some extreme cases. But it can be a very healthy step for all those involved.
10. Continue to admit where you were wrong, own up to your mistakes and move forward/heal
11. Discover the plan that the higher power, whatever it is, has for your life – This is possibly something to be considered over a more extended period, but it can make things clearer for many people.
12. Carry the messages and lessons you’ve learned to others. Continue putting them into practice in your own life as you move forward in your recovery journey. Helping others use what you’ve learned can be a valuable and rewarding experience.
To learn more about the 12-step approach and how it can help you overcome addiction in Jordan, call us today on +44 330 333 6197
The admissions process for drug and alcohol rehab in Jordan
To get started on your recovery journey, all you need to do is contact Rehab Recovery. All information on how to do this is on our site, under “Get Help”. You can also call our phone number at the bottom of our website.
Finally, our chat feature is also open for advice and support on addiction-related issues.
The next step is to develop an addiction treatment plan based on our specific conversations with you.
Once we’ve gotten to know you better and established the facts of your case, we’ll then try to figure out what treatment would work best for you.
Then, whatever direction you go in, you can move forward and heal. But unfortunately, rehab isn’t a magical cure that will make addiction go away.
It’s a lifelong battle, especially considering how large, complex and varied a condition it is, but you can learn to manage it with the right addiction treatment.
Get the help you need from a rehab centre in Jordan by talking to us on +44 330 333 6197