Valium Addiction Help & Treatment
Valium is part of a family of drugs called benzodiazepines, a type of prescription drug which is normally prescribed as tranquilisers or sleeping pills to help in the treatment of anxiety, stress or insomnia. They are most often taken as tablets but can be administered intravenously. Valium (also called diazepam) is the most well-known benzodiazepine. Other commonly used examples are Xanax (alprazolam), Librium (chlordiazepoxide), Ativan (lorazepam), Restoril (temazepam) and Dalmane (flurazepam).
Valium is sometimes used in clubs as “downers” to counteract “upper” drugs like cocaine or ecstasy. It can be referred to as candy, downer, benzo, moggie or trank. It is prescribed legitimately but is highly addictive and become less effective over time which often leads to addiction as users up their dosage to achieve the same effects. Even worse, one of the side effects of overuse is increased anxiety which can lead users into a vicious cycle of trying to counteract the effects of use by using more.
Symptoms of Valium Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting a possible addiction to Valium? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Are they registered, or trying to register, at more than one GP, and have a habit of visiting different pharmacies to get their prescriptions?
- Are they becoming secretive with their use of the internet? Many benzodiazepines like Valium are readily available to purchase online.
- Do they show any signs of amnesia, irritability, aggression, confusion or elevated anxiety?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an addiction to Valium? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of an addiction to Valium and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Valium Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of an addiction to Valium is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our Valium addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.