Speed Addiction Help & Treatment
Speed is a common term for drugs known as amphetamines, although other slang names include whizz, dexies, base and billy. These types of drugs are stimulants which keep users awake and alert regardless of how long they have been active. Users often feel excited and have increased confidence along with sensations of exhilaration.
Effects from speed normally last around six hours and are followed by a prolonged “come down” period. Normally speed is taken in tablet form but can also be injected. Addiction commonly occurs as tolerance develops with use and larger quantities or stronger types of the drug need to be taken in order to get the same “buzz” feeling.
Symptoms of Speed Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting a possible addiction to speed? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Do they have very dilated pupils while seeming hyped up, excited and full of energy?
- After periods of excited energy do they become moody, depressed, excessively tired or even violent?
- Are they often complaining of headaches, dizziness, mood swings, nausea or blurred vision?
- Do they exhibit signs of paranoia or a more aggressive than normal personality?
- Are they exhibiting signs of poor coordination along with heavy or irregular breathing?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an addiction to speed? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of an addiction to speed and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Speed Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of an addiction to speed is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our speed addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.