Sex and Love Addiction Help & Treatment
Sex and love addiction, often referred to as SLA, can take a variety of forms. Sometimes addictions to sex and love are combined, and sometimes a person exhibits stronger symptoms of one than the other.
A lot of sex and love addicts will exhibit a compulsion for sex and sexual activity, a habit of becoming sexually and/or emotionally involved with people without knowing them well and codependency on one or multiple people. Many addicts will show a distinct preoccupation with romance and fantasy, and often confuse love with mere sexual attraction as well as spending most of their time searching for relationships and/or sexual contact.
Other unfortunately common behaviours characteristic of sex and love addiction include using sex as a manipulation tool, returning to destructive relationships (often driven by fear of being alone), and “starving” oneself of sexual or emotional contact – this variety of abstinence is often mistaken for a form of recovery but in fact can be very damaging in the medium to long term.
Some sex addicts can start taking part in illegal sexual activity but it is very important to note that the vast majority of sex addicts do NOT become sex offenders. Sex and love addicts are often at a high risk of sexually transmitted diseases, however, and it is far from uncommon for normal personal and family relationships to suffer.
Symptoms of Sex and Love Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting possible sex and love addiction behaviour? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Do they show an unusual willingness to get highly emotionally involved in relationships with others, particularly those which seem one-sided or completely nonexistent?
- Do they exhibit excessive self-stimulation, pornography use, cybersex/phone sex or similar “quick gratification” methods?
- Are they exhibiting risky behaviour based around sex or emotional attachment, like having extramarital affairs, using prostitutes or getting heavily involved with complete strangers?
Do you know someone who is suffering from sex and love addiction? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of sex and love addiction and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Sex and Love Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of sex and love addiction is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our sex and love addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and independent new life.