LSD Addiction Help & Treatment
LSD is short for Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, a hallucinogenic drug derived from a fungus. It causes powerful distortions in a user’s perception of reality and produces vivid hallucinations which can be highly enjoyable or utterly terrifying (generally referred to as “good trips” and “bad trips”).
Hallucinations (“trips”) start anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour after LSD is taken and can last up to 24 hours. There is no way to stop them and even one dose of LSD can sometimes cause flashbacks to the trip at random intervals, sometimes years after the initial dose. Psychological addiction is the main problem as LSD is not actually physically addictive at all.
LSD is most often taken by swallowing small squares of paper, liquid or pellets. Common slang terms include acid, cheer, dots, drop, L, lightning flash, tab and trips. Most side effects both short and long term are psychological and can include panic attacks, mania, depression, nervous breakdowns and triggering of other mental health problems like schizophrenia.
Symptoms of LSD Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting a possible addiction to LSD? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Do they show signs of heavy sweating, clenched muscles and heavily dilated pupils?
- Are they exhibiting mood swings which seem to bear no resemblance to their current situation or surroundings?
- Do they seem disorientated or to be behaving very erratically, perhaps reacting to things nobody else can see?
- Are they speaking in a rambling or incoherent way, or about topics which make no sense?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an addiction to LSD? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of an addiction to LSD and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For LSD Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of an addiction to LSD is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our LSD addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.