Stimulant Addiction Help & Treatment
Stimulants are drugs which increase alertness and ability to concentrate. Some produce mild feelings of euphoria. They used to be widely prescribed to treat many health problems but due to side effects are now much more controlled, used for conditions such as ADHD, depression or narcolepsy.
Some of the most commonly abused stimulants are Ritalin, Concerta and Adderall (prescribed for ADHD), Dexedrine (a short term appetite suppressant) and Provigil (for sleep problems). They are commonly abused to allow people to stay up all night partying or working or to encourage weight loss. There are many side effects including a range of mental health conditions and physical problems which can lead to hospitalisation or death.
Symptoms of Stimulant Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting a possible addiction to stimulants? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Do they visit lots of different stores and pharmacies to buy up a large stock of stimulants in order to avoid being “cut off?”
- Do they become aggressive or defensive when confronted about their stimulants, justifying excessive use with “but the doctor gave it to me” or “it is medicine?”
- Are they secretive or seem embarrassed about their use of stimulants, perhaps by refusing to take them in front of others or insisting on privacy to swallow tablets?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an addiction to stimulants? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of stimulant addiction and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Stimulant Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of an addiction to stimulants is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our stimulants addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.