Codependency Help & Treatment
A codependent person is essentially addicted to helping people in a way that drastically exceeds the normal care someone would exhibit towards another person.
Codependency sufferers need to be needed and often exhibit such strong behaviours that they cause the person they want to help to become less self-sufficient. This is called enabling. An enabler often allows the codependent person to continue in their harmful behaviour by making excuses for them or just overlooking negative actions.
Codependents can often become dangerous even to the people they claim to be helping, creating artificial situations and problems to ensure that they remain needed by that person in order to feed their own addiction.
Symptoms of Codependency
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting possible codependent behaviour? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Have they said that they feel demeaned, upset or offended if someone refuses or claims not to need their help?
- Have you found yourself getting into arguments just to try to get them to stop interfering or “helping” you?
- Do they seem to measure their own self-worth and self-esteem against how much they are needed by other people?
- Do they like to remind you how much you need them and ask what you would do without them around?
Do you know someone who is suffering from codependency? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of codependence and lifv a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Codependency
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of codependence on another person is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our codependency treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and independent new life.