Eating Disorders Help & Treatment
Eating disorder sufferers often exhibit abnormal behaviour when eating food. This can take on a wide range of forms from following rigid or bizarre diets, obsessively counting calories on everything, regularly binge eating on junk food or sweets or inducing vomiting after eating.
Generally eating disorders are classified in three ways: anorexia(deliberate self-starvation), bulimia (purging after meals through vomiting or laxative use) and overeating (regularly gorging on food or binge eating).
It is important to remember that eating disorders are not just bad habits and poor for someone’s diet – they are a serious illness and often point to many underlying psychological issues including poor body image, lack of self-confidence and even remembrance of serious trauma.
Symptoms of Eating Disorders
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting possible signs of having an eating disorder? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Do they appear very underweight or overweight?
- Are they secretive about their eating habits, claiming to have eaten (or not eaten) and becoming angry when questioned?
- Do they hurry away out of sight of others just after eating, perhaps into a bathroom, toilet or similar private space?
- Does food regularly disappear from the fridge or from cupboards, or are there any “stashes” of high-calorie food around the house?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an eating disorder? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of an eating disorder and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Eating Disorders
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of eating disorders is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our eating disorder treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.