Crack Cocaine Addiction Help & Treatment
Crack cocaine, often just called “crack,” is a more dangerous form of cocaine. It is called “free base” because it has not been chemically neutralised by an acid base, and comes in the form of a rock crystal which is heated.
The vapours produced by heating the rock are inhaled through a glass pipe (or “crack pipe”) and produce feelings of euphoria and excitement. Crack is also referred to as freebase, black rock and yay. The term “crack” comes from the crackling sound made by the rocks when they are heated up.
The high from crack lasts a shorter time than cocaine and tolerances cause people to need to use the drug more often and in higher doses to get the same effect and reduce the “crash” which occurs after the effects wear off.
Unlike regular cocaine, which is more of a “party drug,” crack is often also taken by solitary people who are using it to escape from feelings of depression or isolation. It is very dangerous and leads to hallucinations, strokes, and cardiac arrest. The need to increase dosages due to tolerance also means overdosing is very common.
Symptoms of Crack Cocaine Addiction
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting a possible addiction to crack cocaine? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Do they seem to have a runny nose or suffer from nosebleeds while seeming hyped up, excited and full of energy?
- Are they experiencing weight loss, anxiety, insomnia, nervousness and mood swings?
- Do they often seem to have difficulty concentrating on things?
- Have they shown any signs of hallucinations or paranoia?
- Are they often disappearing on mysterious errands and become defensive or aggressive when questioned?
Do you know someone who is suffering from an addiction to crack cocaine? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of crack cocaine addiction and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Crack Cocaine Addiction
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of an addiction to crack cocaine is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that’s where we come in.
Our crack cocaine addiction treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.