Anorexia Help & Treatment
Anorexia is a severe form of eating disorder which stems from an abnormal obsession with becoming thin. It often begins with normal levels of dieting and exercising but becomes a problem when the sufferer starts obsessing over the need to become thinner and thinner. No matter their real physical condition, anorexics always see themselves as "too fat" and have a severely distorted body image which has negative effects on their self esteem.
Most anorexia sufferers are young woman and teenage girls, although there is a worryingly rising trend in pre-teen sufferers and a significant percentage of anorexics are older women and even men.
It is important to remember that eating disorders are not just bad habits and poor for someone's diet - they are a serious illness and often point to many underlying psychological issues including poor body image, lack of self-confidence and even remembrance of serious trauma.
Symptoms of Anorexia
Do you know someone who is worrying you by exhibiting possible signs of anorexia? Try asking yourself the following questions.
- Do they appear very underweight,? Not all anorexics are skeletal or emaciated, however!
- Are they secretive about their eating habits, claiming to have eaten and becoming angry when questioned?
- Do they seem to gain self esteem and confidence from seeing the figures on the scales drop?
- Are they moody and sulky, and try to avoid being present at meals?
- Are they exhibiting other physical symptoms such as excess body hair growth (this often happens to keep the body warm), dry skin or (for females) irregular or absent periods?
Do you know someone who is suffering from anorexia? Call us now for free help and advice on how simple and easy it can be to get free of anorexia and live a happier, healthier life.
Get Help For Anorexia
Finding the right treatment service that can help you live free of anorexia is often a complicated and time-consuming process. If you need urgent help and are finding the wide variety of treatments on offer overwhelming, that's where we come in.
Our anorexia treatment assistance gives you:
- A free help and evaluation service to help you choose
- Guidance on the best treatment options for your circumstances
- Assistance in picking out the most cost-effective options
- Information on quality of care, best clinical practice and more
- Complete clarity so you can make the right choice of treatment
Call today in complete confidence on 08000 886 686 to take your first steps on the road to a happy and healthy new life.