Click Fraud

Heroin Addiction Cycle [INFOGRAPHIC]



In this post, we share an infographic titled 'The Heroin Addiction Cycle". The infographic explains that heroin addiction develops over five different stages.

These five stages include:

  1. Experimentation
  2. Initiation
  3. Commitment
  4. Dysfunction
  5. Treatment

The infographic points out that many people who begin to take heroin by snorting this drug. Snorting then evolves into smoking heroin, and smoking heroin then evolves into injecting heroin. The infographic then points out that those new to heroin quickly begin to sell off their own and their loved one’s items to fund their heroin addiction.

Nearly 80% of people who experiment with heroin will not go on to develop an addiction. The other 20% will go onto develop a heroin addiction. Once these people become addicted to heroin, they will spend a lot of money a day to fund their heroin addiction. If heroin is not taken for around 6-24 hours, withdrawal symptoms will begin to kick in.

These withdrawal symptoms include:

  • Fever
  • Depression
  • Vomiting
  • Cold sweats
  • Severe muscle and bone aches
  • Excessive yawning and sneezing
  • Cramp-like pain in limbs
  • Extra sensitivity of the genitals

The infographic then goes on to explain the dysfunction caused by heroin addiction. For instance, many people addicted to heroin are incarcerated. This may be due to possession offences or since many heroin addictions commit theft to bank roll their addiction.

The final stage of heroin addiction is treatment. The infographic explains the difference between inpatient and outpatient heroin rehab treatment.

We hope you will enjoy this infographic:



Share this Image On Your Site

Use the below embed code to add the above infographic to your own blog:



Published by: Rehab Recovery

⇐ Back to Articles

Request Call Back

Leave your details and we will discreetly call you back. All calls are completely confidential.

Do you need…

Help for yourself?
Help for a friend or loved one?

We can help: call us now.

"Thank you for helping me to make the right choice for myself and my family." 
Sheila, Chelmsford (Read More)

MapWith Clinics throughout the UK we can help you get back on track

Contact Us

We accept most private
health insurers

Health Insurers
| |